Saturday, March 3, 2012

Italian Pasta Salad

Pin It


Happy Saturday! Our Daddy is working today so we are just having a normal day at home playing, cooking, and cleaning.  Boys are doing better today thankfully and we all slept good last night.  Tucker's nose is still running but he is acting like his normal happy self, PTL!
This is how he is most of the time:
Oh how I LOVE this little boy! Those blue eyes....like his Daddy's....get me everytime.  He is such an amazing addition to our family.  He has become an incredibly fast learner repeating just about every word we say.  His vocabulary literally grows daily, sometimes hourly! He is 20 months which is one of my favorite ages because he is learning so much.  I cannot believe he will be 2 this June.  It truly does not seem like its been two years since he's been born.  Mommy loves you Tucker!!!!!

So on to the reason for this post......I love cold italian pasta salad! I make it at least once a week in the summer time but was craving some this morning.  I had a small amout of pasta left from a pasta dish I made a few weeks ago and some other random things in the pantry/fridge.  That is the beauty of pasta salad....you can customize it to how you like it and what you want in it.  I have been on this kick of making my own recipes lately so I threw this together this morning.


Italian Pasta Salad
1/2 bag or 8 oz of desired cooked pasta ( I used egg noodles.)
1/4 of a cucumber, diced
10 pepperonis, cut into small pieces
1/2 of a bell pepper, diced
1/4 of an onion, diced
2 slices from a jar of sweet roasted red peppers, diced

Dressing:
1 cup Italian salad dressing
1 tablespoon balsalmic vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon sriracha hot chili sauce (found in the oriental section)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Cook your pasta.  Drain.  Pour into a large bowl.  Place all your cut up vegetables together.  Set aside.  In a small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients.  Pour over pasta and vegetables.  Mix well.  Enjoy! 
I like to make mine ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge together so the flavors can blend together better. Either way its really good.  And of course you can add some kind of cooked chicken or any other desired meat.

Hope you all have a great afternoon! 


I'm linking up to:
Skip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment