Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Finally back!

Wow I can't believe its been almost 2 months since I posted last.  And boy what a busy 2 months it has been.  The week of my last post was an absolutely awful week where 3 major things in our lives totally broke.  Our car transmission went out, our macbook hardrive crashed for the 4th time, and our washing machine broke! Needless to say it was a VERY STRESSFUL week.  Even as I type this I am having to keep myself calm just thinking about it.  God truly has shown His love and car for us through all this providing us with a free laptop and washer until we can get ours fixed.  As for the car, we found out it is going to cost more than the car is worth to get it fixed so we will be buying a new one with our tax return.  For now Jeremy is driving his Dad's little S10 truck.  It is only a two seater which has been a challenge since there are four of us in our family but God has given me patience to be 'stuck' at home most of the time.  I am not saying it has been easy the whole time but He has helped me through.


Jonah helping Tucker up the hill in our front yard.  I love this picture!
 We had a great Thanksgiving spent in the mountains of NC with Jeremy's family.  We haven't seen them much lately and really enjoyed the time with them.  I started my Christmas gifts that week and they continued on up until the week of Christmas.  I made a total of 70 homemade gifts in about a month!!! I did not plan on making that many when I made my initial Christmas list but just kept finding stuff I wanted to make so I did! Hopefully I can get back into regular blogging and do some post showing what all I made.


My honey and our youngest Tucker.

Family picture at the Roper Mountain Lights.

Me and my big boy Jonah

We had a wonderful Christmas! We went down to my families and really just enjoyed our time.  My grandmother isn't doing well so we are so thankful we were able to go.  We rented a van which was super nice for the trip with plenty of room which was good cause the boys got spoiled as usual! Jonah was really into Santa this year and left frosted and sprinkled animal cookies with fruit punch for him on Christmas eve.  Usually I will bake a batch of cookies and let him decorate them for Santa but we truly just relaxed and enjoyed each other.  My parents had a Santa tracker on their tv so we switched it on Christmas Eve and he was in Puerto Rico.  We showed Jonah on their map where we were and he got so excited and started saying we had to hurry and get to bed cause he was close! It was so funny.  He went right to sleep and woke up to a note from Santa for him and Tucker.  I love making these little memories with them. 



New years was very quiet.  We just stayed at home and worked around the house.  Now we are just trying to get back into the swing of things.  We are looking forward to just seeing what God has in store for us next.  Hoping it doesn't have anything to do with any more major things breaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment