Monday, February 20, 2012

DIY tinted face moisterizer

Pin It

Whew today has flown by! I can't believe its almost time for my husband to come home and to start cooking supper! It's been a great day though and I wanted to share what I just did.

I have a love/hate relationship with the skin on my face.  I had really clear, fair skin as a little girl on into my pre-teen years but as the teen years started face broke out bad and I just wasn't prepared.  I did not take care of it like I should then I started doing to mcch to it.  It used to be so embarressing and  would just cake on the make-up.  I will say it has gotten better over the years and since having both my boys it has actually cleared up but I still have far from perfect skin.  I know that no one has perfect skin but of course all of us have this perfect image in our head. 

Lately, I have noticed that it has become very sensitive and I am trying to find more natural ways to care for it.  I am now comfortable not wearing make-up most days but I still have a bit of redness on my cheeks that I hate.  Thankfully, my hubby loves me and thinks I'm beautiful with or without make-up but I still don't feel beautiful some days.  I don't wear make-up unless I am going out somewhere and even then I don't wear alot unless I am really going somewhere special or church.  I have been using coconut oil to moisterize my face and love it.  I have run out of face soap so I am making one this week from another blog that I saw using olive oil and glycerin. 

I was just our of the shower a bit ago and thought about making a tinted moisterizer using the coconut oil and a Cover Girl TruBlend mousse foundation. The Cover Girl mousse is a very thick foundation. I had a little empty sample foundation container I was saving for something like this so I mixed it up and applied it.  I love it.  It gives me wonderful, moisterized skin and a light tint to cover up some redness.

Here's the ingredients:
Here's what it looks like in mixed together: 
Sorry its a bit blurry....couldn't get my camera to focus right.  Hope this is helpful!

I am linking up to: Skip To My Lou
UndertheTableandDreaming


Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment