Monday, February 13, 2012

Homemade Christmas gifts, Part 2

Hello friends!!! I hope you all are doing well.  I have had a tough day with Jonah but I believe tomorrow will be better.  Parenting is so tough some days! Whew. I am tired just think about it.  But tomorrow is Valentine's day so I am excited cause my amazing hubby is taking me out on a date! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!! I hope you have fun plans!

I forgot to show you a few of the cute things we made over the holidays. 

1.  The cute Christmas pjs I made for the boys. I am super proud of myself for making these. The top is just a plain red tshirt from the Dollar tree and I made it long sleeves with socks that are also from the Dollar Tree.  The reindeer is made from felt.  The pants are made from bed sheets! I loved how these turned out and that the boys were matching.  I plan to make them a set each year.

2.  Jonah decorated some cute ornaments made from cardboard egg cartons.  I love, love, love how they turned out.  Cute little snowmen!

3. Salt dough ornaments of the boys handprints.  They didn't turn out quite as good as I'd hoped due to the fact the dough didn't turn out well but they were still cute and the boys grandparents all loved them.  I didn't take a picture but they were pretty basic with just the boys handprint then I painted it with glitter glue and put a ribbon on it for the tree.

4.  Stockings for the four of us.  They weren't quite as big as i wanted but for my first try they weren't bad.  I got the main material at Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off so i paid $3 to make all four!  I already had the green material at the top of each stocking and underneath that is a green and red plaid that came from an old pair of shorts!
Here's the boys:

And ours:

5.  Christmas cards for our family.  These were (of course!) taken from ideas off of Pinterest.  Most of my ideas come from that amazing website! The blue cards had each boys footprint made into a snowman.  The red ones had each boys handprint made into a Christmas tree. The green ones had each boys footprint made into Rudolf.  I was amazed at how close my boys handprints and footprints are so similar to be 2 1/2 years apart! lol My youngest might outgrow his big brother soon! Both boys LOVED doing this and they all came out so well.


I left off two of the gifts I made for my boys in the last post. 
Above are two car holders for their matchbox cars.  The checkerboard and fire material are sectioned off to hold the cars.  They also fold up and velcro together for easy carrying.  We haven't used them so far but plan to soon.  This was made from t-shirt fabric and the material my high school teacher sent. (If you don't know what I'm talking about go to my last post.) :)

Tucker's sock monkey.  This was super fun to make but a bit time consuming since the majority of it was hand sewn but just to see him carry it around and say 'montey' makes it completely worth it! This was made from three pairs of socks from the dollar store.  Jonah loves it too so I have to make him one now. :)

Have a good night! I am working on the next post which will show the rest of the gifts.







No comments:

Post a Comment