Friday, February 17, 2012

Simple Table Decoration

Pin It


Hello friends! Happy Friday!!!  I am so happy its Friday...it means two whole days with my man! I just love our family times together and of course our boys love when Daddy is home and ready to play with them.  I hope you all have a great weekend full of fun or relaxation!

Yesterday I was going through some toys and getting things organized for a big kids consignment sale coming up next month.  ( I just love these sales....means I make some $$$ and I find great deals!)    Please forgive the poor quality of photos....my digital camera has to be charged everytime before I use it thus the bad phone pics.



I found this frame that my MIL had passed on a while ago.  I was going to take it to Goodwill but really liked how sturdy the frame was and liked the red color but hated the picture of dalmations.  Now I have nothing against dalmations its just not my taste and would match nothing in our house. 

I also found a metal candle holder that I had stashed away too.  I think I got it at Goodwill a few years ago for super cheap and have always liked it.  In the future, I would love to paint it a bright color. 

Plus my sweet hubby bought me a dozen roses for Valentines and I wanted to display them really nice somewhere.  We hardly ever splurge on stuff like flowers and I want to enjoy them until the last one dies!!

I started by looking in my fabric stash to find some cute green/tan striped fabric that would match the red frame. 

I then unscrewed the back of the frame and taking out the picture inside. 


Then I laid the fabric out how I wanted it, placed the picture on top of it, and cut around it leaving about an inch around on both sides. 


Then I taped it to the picture and placed it back in the frame. 




Place it on the table with the candle holder and my roses and viola a table top little decoration! (Someone please remind me to get a table cloth for my very loved table!)  

Bonus usage:  You could also hang it up and use it for a dry erase board.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! 







I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom







2 comments:

  1. You did a nice job on your table tray decoration. I'm now a follower, would appreciate the same. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sherry! I will definitely become a follower! Can't wait to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete