Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blueberry cake dessert pizza

Pin It
Hey ya'll! I hope you are enjoying your Saturday so far.  I wanted to share a recipe I came up with last night that was a major success! Friday nights at our house are pizza night and I have been trying out different dessert pizza recipes.  I have now perfected a whole wheat dough that we all love especially my four year old! Jonah eats his little homemade pizza better than he eats take-out pizza and that is quite a compliment to this Momma!

To start off with you need to make your whole wheat pizza dough.  I use my bread maker to make mine.  Easy and convenient!  My bread machine takes about an hour to make but I usually let mine rise longer.  Here's my recipe:

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
1 cup warm milk(110 degrees)*
1 stick softened butter or margarine**
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp yeast
2  tablespoons water
4 cups whole wheat flour(or all purpose)

Place all ingredients in bread maker listed in order.  Turn on the dough cycle. Use for pizzas or rolls.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
*You can substitute warmed whey from homemade yogurt.  Water may also work.
**You can substitute olive or vegetable oil.



Blueberry Cake Dessert Pizza(personal pizza 6 inch size)
1/2 cup yellow cake mix
2 Tablespoons-1/4 cup melted margarine
handful of fresh or frozen, but thawed, blueberries

Place yellow cake mix in small bowl.  Mix in the melted butter starting out with 2 tablespoons first and adding more if needed.  The consistency needs to be a little thick but you need to be able to spread it easily.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  Take a small handful of dough and roll it out to desired thickness.  Spread the cake mix on the dough.  Keep in mind the batter will expand a bit so leave space for that. Place as many blueberries on top as you want.  I pushed mine down a bit into the cake mix.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Enjoy!!!
Ingredents: prepared yellow cake mix, blueberries, pizza dough
Before baking. 

After baking.

Sliced up and ready to enjoy!

Jonah enjoying a slice!!!
Let me know if you try it and like it! It has an awesome sweet flavor and works good as a breakfast pizza too.  :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

I am linking up to:



Skip To My Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment