Monday, June 18, 2012

Simple Tomato Sauce


Whew its been a very long and for me sick week and a half.  This pregnancy has been a doozy to say the least.  Even though I am just starting the 2nd trimester, I never know each day holds.  I am sure my husband, family, and friends are tired of hearing me whine about it.  LOL.  But they love me so they deal with it.  I am still feeling like we are having a girl this time but we will know for sure the beginning of August.  I do already have a little tummy and have started wearing some maternity clothes.  I am still in regular clothes too but I feel like I just look fat in those not pregnant.  Not sure if its the way maternity clothes are made or what but I feel much more 'pregnant' in them, if that makes sense. 

The boys are doing well.  Growing and learning new things like crazy! Jonah is still loving karate.  Tucker took an early nap today so he got to go see big brother in action and he did so well.  He sat in the stroller and just stared.  I was seriously surprised and thrilled to just rest for a bit.  I still can't believe in less than 2 weeks Tucker will be 2!!!! It really is true what others say about how fast time goes with the second baby.  And now we are on the third! Sometimes I just can't believe that I will have three kids by the end of this year!  Makes me feel old but grateful for where I am. 


Since I have had many rough days lately, I have been cooking lots of simple dishes.  Tonight was a prime example of  that.  I woke up with a bad headache that make me very nauseus.  I tried pushing through it but it got worse so I ended up taking some Zofran.  I have been trying to stay away from the Zofran because it causes me to have headaches but to me usually the nausea is worse than the headache.  I did start to feel better but the headache still hasn't gone away and I am just worn out.  So I through together this simple tomato sauce and served it with bowtie pasta. 


Simple Tomato Sauce
2   8 oz cans tomato sauce
1   15 oz can stewed or diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons Kraft Philadelphia Creamy Pesto cooking cream
1 1/2 tbsp italian seasoning
1 tbsp oregano
1/4 cup of sugar
1 lb of ground beef, browned
1 box of preferred style of noodles

Cook your noodles as directed on the box.  Pour the tomato sauce and tomatoes in a medium sized pot.  If using stewed tomatoes like I did, blend them in a blender for a few seconds to chop them up.  Add the cooking cream, italian seasoning, oregano, and sugar.  Cook for a few minutes to let the spices really season the sauce and let the sugar dissolve.  Add the ground beef.  Serve over the cooked noodles.  Enjoy!

You could also put this on sub buns or regular bread and eat it like a meatball sub.  Or use it as lasagna sauce.  This would also freeze well. 

**Side note:  Philadelphia cooking cream is a great way to spice up many dishes.  I bought a few containers with coupons a few months back and froze it.  I put a few tablespoons in the sections of an ice cube maker.  When I want to use some, I just pull out as many cubes as I need to flavor the dish.**


Hopefully this week I will post a tutorial for a shirred top maxi dress I made myself last week.  It turned out great and I love it!
Skip To My Lou

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tiff! I hope you are feeling better! Can't wait for you to find out if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete