Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Olivia's birth story: Part 2

This is part 2 of Olvia's labor and delivery story.  I will be sharing alot of pictures in this post.  Like I said in part 1 of this story, this is mainly for my memories but enjoy sharing this with others as well.  Please enjoy!

Tuesday morning I woke up around 5:20 a.m. really excited to meet my little girl yet anxious for the induction part.  I was definitely ready to get the day going!  I got dressed and made sure I had all my hospital stuff together and at the door ready to be taken out.  At 5:45, I called the Labor & Delivery department at the hospital to check for when to come in.  They told us to go ahead and head up there! I was very excited as we told my parents bye and headed out the door.

Last pregnancy picture.  Can't believe how big I was!

 We got to the hospital and got all checked in and I got an IV.  We had an AWESOME nurse who was amazing and hilarious at the same time.  She started the pitocin around 6:30 a.m.  I had heard from most of my friends that since I was being induced it would probably take longer so I had prepared myself for a long day.  The contractions slowly started and gradually got a bit more noticable.  I wasn't in much pain just felt a good bit of pressure in my back.  **Side note, I had back contractions with all 3 of my babies.  VERY painful and so uncomfortable since you are mostly on your back with an epidural.  I was on my side a good bit as well but still so uncomfortable.**  Around 8 or 8:30 a.m., the contractions started getting much more painful so I let my nurse know.  She found out the anesthesiologist was in the next room so we went ahead and ordered the epidural.  He came in about 10 minutes later and put in the epidural.  He was super fast and friendly which made the whole process of a needle going into my back much less painful.  I started feeling the anesthesia pretty much right away.  After that I was much better!

During all this time, I was dialating very well and much quicker than I anticipated.  Around 9:30 a.m., I felt a much different feeling......um down there in my lady part.  Ahem, excuse the tmi but I don't know how else to describe it! I called my nurse to come and check me.  She said I was 10 cm and ready to push!!! Boy did my heart start racing then!  Thankfully, my dr was right outside the door just waiting for the call and came right in.  I started feeling a huge amount of pressure down there and really focused on not pushing until my dr was ready.  The dr set up quickly and told me to go ahead and start pushing.  I pushed and would stop for a few seconds to breath then back at pushing.  It only took about 3 big pushes and Olivia was here!!!!  Praise the Lord, I had a very small tear but didn't need any stitches. 

Olivia came out completely beautiful! She didn't cry until they started messing with her.  She had dark hair and dark blue eyes.  She was 7 lbs 7 oz and 21 inches long.  The nurses cleaned her up and quickly gave her back.  My mom and dad were waiting outside with Jonah and Tucker so once we were all cleaned up they rushed in.  Jonah was SUPER EXCITED to see Olivia and Tucker was very curious as to who Mommy was holding.  They both held Olivia and we all just enjoyed our few moments of just us.  I was so amazed that Olivia was here before 10 a.m.!!!! I was seriously in shock for quite awhile and just kept staring at her.  She was just perfect.  Jeremy was an amazing support during all my labors and this one was no exception.  He is always close enough when I need him but far enough for the nurses to do their jobs.  While I was pushing, I could here him close to my ear cheering me on.  He is completely awesome!

We didn't have to wait long at all for a regular room.  As soon as they wheeled us in to our room, I ordered lunch.  I have no clue what I ate but I do remember having chocolate cake for dessert! Ha the things you remember.  Jeremy went and ate his lunch.  My sister-in-law came in with my nieces then later my mother-in-law came in.  During all this, I was feeling great even though my epidural was wearing off.  I honestly felt completely normal just tired.  I didn't have any pain at all! I didn't actually take any pain meds until later that night so I could hopefully get some sleep.  Olivia had slept that whole day only waking up to eat about a half of a bottle.  She did wake up a good bit that night but was easily calmed with a diaper change.  I didn't get much sleep between Olivia waking up and the nurses checking on me but I expected it.



The next day was filled with nurses checking out Olivia. My nurse came in and asked me if I would like to go home that day.....I was amazed!  I told I would love to go home today so she told my dr who discharged me by lunch.  We then had to wait until all of Olivia's tests were done so we just rested and enjoyed the day.  My parents and the boys came up for awhile that afternoon.  We finally got news that we were ready to go!  It was around 7-7:30 p.m. so we stopped and got Chinese take-out for dinner then headed home.  It was so wonderful to be home and especially special since my parents were still up until the next day!  We had a good night and Olivia even slept a 4 hour stretch.  My parents left the next day and our life began as a family of 5!


We have fully enjoyed Olivia since the moment she was born!  She is the perfect addition to our family.  She is just a beautiful creation.  We thank God for her and are trying our best to be the best parents for her. 

Thank you for reading!  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment